Pretentiousness in the word

I found really interesting how the reading starts by destroying the pretentiousness in the definition of architect, indeed, I have always found myself disgust by the title. I have worked with many architects in my life, some Reloadus and some Oryzus, whenever you are dealing with an Oryzus architect they do not like to be called architects, they are the leaders of the project and try to involve everyone in the design decisions.
The architect Reloadus, instead, believes that his/her title gives him/her some kind of nobility and that they become powerful and untouchable, in my experience, this kind of leader can be left out of the equation and the system can still be very good. When the reading says “We shouldn’t interview anyone who has ‘architect’ on his resume.”  I think he meant that a real architect is humble and would not call himself/herself an architect, at least not in a pretentious way.
For the question, who needs an Architect? I believe that every development project needs an architect, in the sense of leadership, every project should have a leader that should be involved in taking the best design decisions and knowing all the important aspects of the project, as well as defining which are these aspects.

 Fowler, M. (2003). Who Needs an Architect?. Recovered from https://martinfowler.com/ieeeSoftware/whoNeedsArchitect.pdf

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

We should all be Craftsmen

SOLID

Hidden Figures - Movie