Hidden Figures - Movie

I had seen the movie before class, and I have always liked it, because it shows how powerful persistence can be. Also, I thought it was great for the class with the think different approach of maybe not inventing something new but reusing something old for new purposes. When they were thinking on how to pass from elliptical to parabolic orbit, they were overthinking on how to create the new math to make that operation possible, when the solution was to use an ancient method.
I also thought it was a good movie for the month, a movie to commemorate the fight for women's rights. I found really disappointing the way things were not so long ago, there was not only differentiation between men and women but between "colored" and "white". This can be seen in the movie in many parts, but the best example is when the two ladies are in the bathroom and the supervisor says "I have nothing against you" and Vaughan says "I know you probably think so" because throughout the movie she tries to advance and her supervisor is always trying to make her stay as a computer.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

We should all be Craftsmen

SOLID